Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sell the Hole, not the Drill Bit.


Well...I love tools and love to talk about marketing so this will work out great!
1000 people go to the hardware store everyday to buy a 1/4" drill bit, however they DO NOT want to 1/4" drill bit, they want a 1/4" hole.

Nobody wants a hearing aid, people want to enjoy spending time with their family.
Nobody wants a new furnace, people want to have their children warm in their home.
Are you selling the hole, or the bit? Remember in Sales 101, the acronym FAB....meaning Feature, Advantage, and Benefit. Always remember to advertise the benefit to your customer.
Break down what you are promoting into the Feature, the Advantage of that, and then the end benefit to the customer!

I however need the drill bits, the saw, the router, the hammer, the wood, the screwdriver, and every other tool! Just ask my wife, she will tell you I "think" I need every tool! (I love you Nicole)

No comments:

Post a Comment